Red Cross Outlets
- Bath Boards
- Bed Cradles
- Bath Seats
- Back Rest
- Commode Pots
- Raised Toilet Seat
- Toilet Frame
- Shower Stools
Written authority is required for the loan of walking aids from a health professional involved with the case. A self assessment questionnaire is required for self propelling wheelchairs. Please contact the practice directly for any queries on hiring equipment.
Short term loan
- Wheelchairs and walking aids are loaned for a maximum period of 3 months.
- Commodes, bath aids and toilet aids are loaned for a maximum period of 6 months.
Long term loan
- Wheelchairs – Please apply to your doctor to be referred to the wheelchair centre.
- Walking aids – The community physiotherapist will replace those on a referral from your GP.
- Commodes and toilet aids – These can be obtained directly from social services.
- Bath aids – In some circumstances, these may also be obtained from social services.
Availability under normal circumstances, equipment is available the day it is required.
Equipment must be collected and returned to the same Red Cross Outlet at the end of the loan period.
If for some reason the equipment you have borrowed is not comfortable or needs adjusting in anyway, please do not hesitate to contact the Red Cross on 01603 426 361.
Any comments regarding the service should be addressed to:
Medical Loan Manager
British Red Cross