Services for people with dementia 

There is support available to help you live well and stay independent for as long as possible.

The main sources of information and support are the NHS, social services, private companies, and charities and not-for-profit organisations.

To find services in your area, start by contacting the NHS UK also provides details of local services. Otherwise, you can contact the practice directly online.

Organisations such as Age UK can support people with dementia, their families and carers in a range of ways.

These include dementia support workers and support groups, telephone helplines and information materials.

Lots of different health and social care professionals can support you – from community nurses to social workers and dementia support workers.

If you need non-medical support at home, the first step is to ask social services for a community care assessment.

Social services will draw up a care plan that looks at how they can meet your needs. They may charge for some services or they may cover the costs, possibly in the form of a personal budget or direct payment (money from the local authority that you can use to pay for your care and support).

There are some services specifically designed for the different needs of younger people with dementia. Please contact us directly for more information.